I hesitated on blogging about this as I know I’m not an expert on relationships. However, my wife and I just celebrated our 25th Anniversary so I thought I could give my thoughts on how we got here. People write books on this stuff so to get my points across I’m going to make this a short series where I touch on one point at a time.
Today I’m just going to hit the bullet points and you can look forward to future blogs with more detail.
- Make a commitment to never throw in the towel, no matter what.
- Tune-in to your partner
- Be willing to change but don’t try to change your partner
- Ask for forgiveness and be willing to forgive
- Clarify Roles and Responsibilities
- Control your finances
- Dream together – Share your dreams
- Keep the romance and sex alive
- Give each other space
- Love is more than just a feeling
All the best!
All the time!