With the economy in the shape it is in, many people are looking to make more money. There are a lot of ways to make more money, but many of us struggle with this all the time. I’ll confess that there are times when look in the mirror and ask myself how someone can make a fortune selling Pet Rocks, or Canned Air, while I struggle to eek out an extra few dollars. Just the other night, I was watching the news and saw the Green Pizza Box invented by Enviromentally Conscious Organization, Inc. (eco). They are going to make a LOT of money by…. perforating pizza boxes! Brilliant – but frustrating at the same time. How do these people do it?
If you find yourself struggling with making money, here are some things to consider…
- To make money, you are going to have to DO something. If you don’t have any idea of what to do, that is your first obstacle. I’d suggest finding some like minded friends and meet once a week to throw around ideas. If someone can come up with a perforated pizza box, I’m sure there is something you can think of. Urban Legend has it that Henry Ellsworth, Patent Office Commissioner in 1843, stated that all inventions had been made. His comments were taken out of context, and based on events since then, we know that there are a lot of things left to be invented. If you can’t think of anything, there are many reputable companies like Amway, Mary Kay, or Cookie Lee that will help you get started in making some extra money. Not having an idea, is not an acceptable excuse.
- To make money, you’re going to have to invest some time. There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you are not willing to consistently devote 10-20 hours per week in you endeavor to make more money, you will not be successful.
- You have to believe that you CAN make more money. Give me the name of just one person who is financially successful but who did not believe they would ever get there? All successful people have at least enough belief that they could make more money, to get started. If you don’t believe you can, you won’t.
- To be successful over the long term, you need to go about your journey with integrity. Money itself won’t buy happiness. As you go about making more money, do so with integrity. Treat people fairly, keep a balanced lifestyle. Don’t become money rich and relationship poor.
- Part of your success lies in the journey. Some people get lucky. Most do not. You cannot rely on luck to make more money. You are going to have to do your homework, put in your time, and… if at first you don’t succeed… try…try again. You will learn many things on your journey. Don’t perceive failure as your end destination.
I know I haven’t told you anything you don’t know. What I hope you got out of this, is that anyone can make more money, even you. What your mind can percieve – AND believe, is possible.
Go out and do something!