We all face decisions in our life don’t we? Obviously, some are larger than others. Some of you are dealing with decisions regarding your health, your relationships or your finances. Others are trying to decide what to wear this morning. Wouldn’t it be nice to have some guidelines to help us when making some of the more difficult decisions?
It is impossible to give you an answer to every decision you are faced with. However, there are some general rules that we can use to guide us in our choices. Make your choices based on these rules, and you won’t go wrong.
- If it’s illegal – don’t do it. Don’t lie, cheat or steal
- If it’s too good to be true – it probably is
- With the exception of a house or car, if you don’t have the cash, don’t spend it
- Don’t base your decisions on feelings. Investigate. Always seek the truth
- Going into business? Let the buyer beware
- Never sell something to someone that you wouldn’t use yourself
- In an abusive relationship with a person or an organization? Leave thoughtfully
- Never chase a romantic interest or an employer. Become noticed but then let them chase you
- Surround yourself with people who will challenge you. For large decisions, always get a second opinion
- Think twice if the cons outweigh the pros (Use the Ben Franklin Method).
- Sometimes being right comes at a pretty big cost. Is being right really worth the time and hassle?
- Love is a choice – not a feeling.
- Will your benefit come at the cost of someone else? If yes, don’t do it.
- Giving back something to society (charity) is always a good thing, but don’t overextend yourself
- Think long term. Don’t let your emotions or immediate needs get the best of you
Make the right choice.
All the best,
All the time,